Ha, well it's been a while since I last wrote a post here. Working on summer projects, finishing my last classes, and moving to Omaha filled up my past 6 months. During that time, I’ve been commuting to Lincoln, which was lengthy compared to having everything within 15 minutes.
For the first couple of months, I just had the radio playing. However, the signal to my favorite station gets hazy the closer I get to Lincoln. Other stations played either five songs on repeat or country songs. I grabbed my Spotify Discover Weekly for at least two months, but sometimes the algorithm missed my tastes pretty badly.
I mixed in podcasts between weekly playlists. It turns out that this was the perfect situation to listen and catch up on lengthy podcast episodes. They’ve made my 2 hours of driving per day something to enjoy rather than suffer!
My main collection of podcasts includes:
- Syntax - This is all about web development, but they’re a lot more lively than most others on the topic.
- Developer Tea - This podcast focuses on the human-side of software development: stress, goal management, the reasons behind fundamental rules in development, etc.
- Wonderful! - An enthusiast podcast celebrating the small or large items or activities!
- Shmanners - An etiquette podcast for often unspoken rules in special occasions.
- My Brother, My Brother, and Me - A comedy podcast by three brothers giving advice comedically.
I’ve been listening to most of these for over a year; I came across Developer Tea only three months ago. I would wholeheartedly recommend checking out these shows if you’re curious.